Molnlycke Wound Care
Absorbent soft silicone foam dressing
Mepilex is a soft and highly conformable foam dressing that absorbs exudate and maintains a moist wound environment. The Safetac technology prevents Mepilex from sticking to the wound bed yet adheres gently to the surrounding skin allowing easy application of secondary fixation. In addition, the Safetac layer ensures that the dressing can be changed without damaging the wound or surrounding skin or subjecting the patient to additional pain. Mepilex absorbs exudate effectively and ensures a low risk of maceration.
Benefits of Mepilex
* Atraumatic to the wound and surrounding skin upon removal
* Promotes patient comfort during wear
* May be lifted and adjusted without losing its adherent properties
* Minimizes the risk of maceration
* May remain in place for several days depending on the condition
of the wound
* May be used under compression bandages
* May be cut to size
* Easy to apply
Areas of use
* Moderately exuding wounds
* Leg and foot ulcers
* Pressure ulcers
* Under compression
* Graft and donor sites
* Traumatic wounds (e.g., skin tears and secondary healing wounds).
Mesalt® effectively debrides moist necrosis (slough) and stimulates the cleansing of heavily draining and discharging infected wounds.
* Absorbs exudate bacteria and necrotic material (slough)
* Effectively stimulates the cleansing of wounds
* Easy application
Areas of use
* Heavily draining and discharging infected wounds in the inflammatory phase
* Deep cavity wounds
* Pressure ulcers
* Surgical wounds
How Mesalt works
The exudate from the wound releases the sodium chloride from
the dressing. Mesalt stimulates the cleansing of heavily draining
and discharging wounds in the inflammatory phase by absorbing
exudate, bacteria and necrotic material from the wound, thereby
facilitating the natural wound healing process.
Change rate: B.I.D. to daily; more often if necessary
Cover with Alldress, Mepilex Border, Mepilex Border Lite.
Mesalt is made of an absorbent, viscose/polyester nonwoven impregnated with sodium chloride.
Mesalt is not to be used on low exuding or dry wounds. The use of Mesalt has been presented in papers and study reports. The data are available from Mölnlycke Health Care on request.
How it works Lyofoam is a layer of polyurethane foam, heat treated on one side to provide a smooth, hydrophilic, absorbent wound contact layer.
How to use LyofoamBenefits of Lyofoam• Hydrophilic wound contact area absorbs exudate and allows fluid to evaporate, avoiding maceration• Does not allow newly-formed epithelium to penetrate, avoiding wound trauma during dressing changes• Maintains the optimum wound environment for rapid healing4•
Quick and easy to apply and remove5• Hydrophobic outer layer helps to prevent ‘strike through’ and reduces risk of secondary infection• Can be used under compression5Areas of useLyofoam is a polyurethane foam wound dressing used
in the treatment of light to moderately exuding wounds such as leg ulcers, pressure sores, post-operative and traumatic wound sites, burns and skin grafts.
Benefits of Lyofoam
Hydrophilic wound contact area absorbs exudate and allows fluid to evaporate, avoiding maceration• Does not allow newly-formed epithelium to penetrate, avoiding wound trauma during dressing changes• Maintains the optimum wound environment for rapid healing4• Quick and easy to apply and remove5• Hydrophobic outer layer helps to prevent ‘strike through’ and reduces risk of secondary infection• Can be used under compression5
* Surgical Scrub.
* Antiseptic handwash.
* Patient pre-operative skin preparation.
* Wound cleanser and general skin cleaner.
* HiBiclens (4.0% CHG) is the most effective antimicrobial wash providing the longest protection – up to six hours per use1- that is not neutralized by blood or other organic materials2.
* Shown to be effective against various MRSA strains3.
* Washing with HiBiclens prior to using an alcoholic/Chlorhexidine hand rub helps to remove debris (and possibly Pathogens) from the hands4.
* Kills a broad spectrum of microbes5.
* When tested against various CA-MRSA strains (more virulent and aggressive than hospital-acquired MRSA), HiBiclens proved to be 99.999% effective at killing within ten minutes of exposure6.
* Adds Persistence and 6 hour residual kill over other antimicrobial soap washes7.
* HiBiclens is unaffected by blood8.
* Gentle yet powerful, HiBiclens was tested against 12 competing antiseptics and showed the lowest irritation potential, almost as low as water9.